In August, I did a webinar on side hustles for the National Urban League’s Digital Career Success Series.
I believe this talk really encapsulates the lessons I’ve learned throughout my own side hustling journey and some key takeaways:
- Get clear on your why. Are you trying to earn extra money, pursue a passion, launch a business?
- Figure out what you can offer: What can you talk about all day? Who are the peeps you want to help? What would someone pay you $50/hour to do?
- Make time: Identify your existing commitments and schedule side hustle time. Then, see if you can use some of your high-energy time for your business.
- Start experimenting: Tell your friends, share on social media, and take on a guinea pig client or two.
- Make time for self-care to help prevent burnout.
- Celebrate the baby steps, and remember, YOU get to define success!
You can sign up here to get free access to the full presentation.